Stick Injury


Sticks make extremely dangerous (sometimes lethal) toys

This stick was removed from a two-inch (5 cm) hole in a dog's mouth, inside the cheek. It caused serious haemorrhage and a great deal of pain. This dog was VERY lucky to have escaped with her life.

Luckily, no surgery was necessary, as splinters, fragments and shreds that remained after removal of the stick were eliminated from the wound and from a subsequent draining abscess in the neck, with the help of homeopathic medication.

Don't throw sticks for dogs – ever!

See also: Summer IssuesStick and Ball Play

Call Now Button