Frequently Asked Questions
Table of Contents
Answered by a holistic vet
One-stop service for veterinary homeopathy, veterinary acupuncture, veterinary herbs, veterinary chiropractic, LASER therapy and other natural therapies.
While working with natural medicine and holistic principles may be second nature to some, to others it can be a new, daunting and obscure area. This is not helped by the misinformation put out from some quarters, in an attempt to suppress natural medicine alternatives to mainstream medicine. It is further obfuscated by the fog of commercial propaganda, designed to rob us of our self-confidence and lead us to buy skilfully marketed product.
During his work as acupuncture vet, herbal vet, homeopathic vet and holistic vet, Chris is asked many questions, over a wide range of topics. This reveals not only the extent of interest in holistic veterinary matters but also the difficulty in finding objective and impartial advice, truly based upon animal health and welfare, not upon commercial interest.
In order to try to allay some of the difficulties of perception and to provide readily-available information and opinion, from the point of view of a holistic vet, we cite here some frequently asked questions with answers. There are also a few helpful links to other pages in this site or to other sites.
If you have any burning questions not answered here or if you can suggest a new category of FAQ, please let us know. Since we wish this site to be as helpful and informative as possible, to as many people as possible, we shall try to add material as required.
For convenience, we have arranged the questions and answers under various headings, as follows:
- Acupuncture FAQ – Some questions on the topic of Veterinary Acupuncture
- Alternative Medicine FAQ – Questions on the topic of Alternative Medicine for animals
- Aromatherapy FAQ – Some questions on the topic of Aromatherapy for animals
- Bach Flowers FAQ – Some questions on the topic of Bach Flowers for animals
- Back Problems FAQ – Questions on the topic of Back Problems and Back Pain
- Barefoot (Equine) FAQ – Some questions on the topic of Barefoot horses
- Castration of Dogs FAQ – Some questions on the topic of Castration (neutering) surgery
- Chiropractic FAQ – Some questions on the topic of Veterinary Chiropractic
- complimentary Medicine FAQ – Questions on the topic of complimentary Medicine for animals
- Euthanasia FAQ – Some questions on the topic of Euthanasia in animals
- Herbal Medicine FAQ – Some questions on Veterinary Herbal Medicine & Phytotherapy
- Holistic Medicine FAQ – Some questions on the topic of Veterinary Holism
- Homeopathy FAQ – Some questions on the topic of Veterinary Homeopathy
- Immunotherapy FAQ – Some questions on the topic of Immunotherapy
- Integrated Medicine FAQ – Some questions on the topic of Integrated Veterinary Medicine
- LASER FAQ – Some questions on the topic of LASER treatment in animals
- Natural Feeding FAQ – Some questions on the topic of Natural Diets
- Natural Medicine FAQ – Some questions on the topic of Natural Medicine in animals
- Pasture Management FAQ – Some questions on the topic of Pasture esp. for horses
- Pet Passports FAQ – Some questions on the topic of Foreign Travel
- Referrals FAQ – Some questions about Referrals
- Saddling FAQ – Some questions on the topic of Saddling of horses
- Shoeing FAQ – Some questions on the topic of Shoeing of horses
- Spaying of Bitches FAQ – Some questions on Ovarohysterectomy (neutering) in dogs
- Tissue Salts FAQ – Some questions on the topic of Tissue Salts for animals
- Vaccination FAQ – Some questions on the topic of Vaccination for animals
Answers supplied by Christopher, natural vet, acupuncture vet, homeopathic vet, herbal vet, holistic vet, alternative vet
We accept no sponsorship from industry, commerce, insurance companies or any other commercial interest and we do not depend upon product or medicine sales, so our advice is truly independent and unaffected by profit motivation. Likewise, we do not promote commercial activities, so our links do not promote marketing material. We do not pay for search engine favors.
Sadly, even in the holistic and natural medicine worlds, there are vets whose advice is attended by potential profits from product sales or links to companies.
We have a deep respect for Nature and we work with Nature
Some of the conditions that we are asked to treat: abscess, AIHA, allergy, allergies, arthritis, aspergillosis, Aspergillus, asthma, atopy, autoimmune, auto immune, back, back problems, backs, campylobacter, cancer, cardiomyopathy, CDRM, CHF, Chlamydia, colitis, COPD, CRF, corneal ulcer, cruciate ligament, Cushings syndrome, cystitis, diarrhoea, disc, DJD, dry eye, ear problems, elbow dysplasia, epilepsy, epulis, ERU, FUS, grass sickness, headshaking, head shaking, hip dysplasia, histiocytoma, hot spots, IBD, IBS, incontinence, injury, keratoconjunctivitis sicca, kidney disease, lameness, laminitis, lymphoma, mast cell tumour, mastitis, moonblindness, navicular, new forest eye, OCD, ophthalmia, paralysis, pyoderma, RAO, recurrent uveitis, renal failure, ringworm, Salmonella, Salmonellosis, sarcoids, skin, skin disease, spavin, spine, spinal problems, spondylitis, spondylosis, suspensory injury, tendon injury, tendon, ligament, ulcers, urological syndrome, urticaria, uveitis, vaccination problems, vaccine, vaccination, vaccinosis, warts, Westie lung disease, wobbler syndrome, wobbler, wounds not healing.
We are also well used to dealing with farm problems, whether from infectious or other diseases.
We treat these with various integrated permutations of holistic and natural therapies (homeopathic, herbal, acupuncture, chiropractic, nutritional etc.).
The AVMC offers veterinary acupuncture, veterinary homeopathy, veterinary herb medicine (veterinary phytotherapy), veterinary chiropractic treatment and other ‘alternative medicine’ options, in a friendly, homely and relaxed environment, generally much-appreciated by our animal visitors.
Holistic vet at AVMC – Putting the patient first
Holistic Vet – Homeopathic Vet – Acupuncture Vet – Herbal Vet – Natural Vet – complimentary Vet – Alternative Vet